[Market-farming] hello???

Windsoap at aol.com Windsoap at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 21:44:06 EDT 2003

In a message dated 10/17/2003 9:03:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
mf at austinfarm.org writes:

> I'll still looking for one of those wonderful diesel offset tractors.
> Does anyone have a Saukville?

Willie, my husband was reading over my shoulder about the tractor and he
says:
"set the cultivator behind the tractor and drive, never look back.  If you
look back, you will move one hand or the other and the tractor will turn.  If
you want to look back and see what it's doin' STOP, and then look back.  You
cannot control it if you're lookin' back."   yahda, yahda, as he left and went
back out to the shop to get a beer.  I'd listen to him:  nobody plows a
straighter row than Michie Akin.     He has three old Kabotas.

Next year, buy a 4 # bag of Casserole pinto beans at the grocery and plant
them for fresh snap beans.  For the winter, we have gorgeous salads coming on in
the tunnel.
Underground hot water heat.
Wendy
Akin Farm