[Market-farming] hello???

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Fri Oct 17 09:50:45 EDT 2003

> Mizuna is said to be very frost-hardy and it's a nice plant,
> decorative, and the leaves are good for a salad or mesclun
> mix or for a stirfry.
>
> Raddichio, arugala - also for salad mixes.
>
> Baby bok choy?

Thanks for those suggestions, just what I was looking for!  Mizuna was
below my radar, I'll take a look at it.  Arugula, though I failed to
mention it, is already on my list.

> Depends on your market I suppose - what do people want to
> buy?

TOMATOES :-)    :-(

And whatever else we don't have.

And then when we have it, they want something else.  Such is farmers
marketing.

I go into this winter farmers market with some skepticism.  We need
items that will sell at the rate of $50-$100 per session; most of what
I can identify sells $5-$20 per session.  Maybe I just need to raise my
prices :-)  "no, sales are poor, but I need to sell only one for $400".

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin