[Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 9, Issue 6

joehler at email.arizona.edu joehler at email.arizona.edu
Sat Oct 4 18:20:32 EDT 2003

Hello,
I am new to this list, I am currently a college student, in Arizona, but
will be graduating in a couple of months. I would like to start a small
greenhouse growing vegetables.This post interested me because I am
interested in selling greenhouse-grown vegetables to restaurants. Adriana,
do you have to get any kind of license or permit, in order to sell produce
to restaurants? How did you determine the price to sell your produce at?
What determined what type of restaurants you targeted? I'm guessing high
end restaurants and hotels are more willing to offer a better price? Has
anyone had any luck selling to small high end grocers, like a Wild Oats (we
have these in Arizona might be a different name in other parts of the
country)? Thank you for any info you may be able to provide me.

Jim