[Market-farming] Restaurants / salad greens

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Oct 3 09:22:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:51:10 -0700, you wrote:

>If anyone out there does sell greens to restaurants, I'd appreciate any
>insight on preparation, storage and packaging.  For instance, do your
>restaurants want washed greens?  Do they want them in boxes, or bags?  Do
>they want mixed greens, like a mesclun mix?

Mel Bartholomew's book entitled "Abundant Harvest and Cash
from Square Foot Gardening" has a lot of quite detailed
information on selling to restaurants.

(I cannot judge if the information is either correct or
useful, because I haven't sold to restaurants myself, but
there's a lot of info on it there - and it sounded sensible
to me.)

The book I read was an Inter-Library Loan. Amazon.com lists
it as: 'Cash from Square Foot Gardening' and used copies are
available under that name.  (See:
http://www.addall.com/used) .  It's also available on the
author's website:  http://www.squarefootgardening.com .

If you read it, you can just ignore the square-foot part. :)

Pat