[Market-farming] Coolers

adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Thu Oct 2 16:31:55 EDT 2003

Polar Tech Industries makes the heavy duty coolers.
http://www.polar-tech.com/products2.htm

> The next question: where do you go to buy those long 'fish' coolers?
> the ones that are much larger than the ones that Wal-Mart carries?
> These beef hung at 1200lbs. If I recall, that makes a quarter about
> 3cu ft. I've heard that 'fisherman supply stores' are the only place
> to buy these large coolers. But, I wonder..

It depends on what the temperature is when you put it IN the cooler and
whether you have Blue Ice in it or not.  They guys from Polar Tech can
probably tell you how much blue ice is required to keep x numnber of pounds
at x temperature.
> Any idea of how long I could leave beef in one of those? I'm looking
> at creating a window for pickup for one shareholder who may not be
> able to be on time.

Adriana