[Market-farming] Thank you Shelley

Art Petrzelka art at complum.com
Thu Oct 2 08:46:42 EDT 2003

You can get bulk potting soil from Premier Horticulture. I found them at
a local garden store that handles organic supplies.
http://www.premierhort.com/website/afhome.html

Most of my seeds are from Johnny's or Territorial Seed, with others from
Southern Exposure, Seed Savers Exchange, Seeds of Change and Peaceful
Valley Farm Supply, with a few Botanical Interests thrown in because
they were at a local garden store.

We have the same rule for Iowa about organic seeds. I haven't seen an
expiration date for it yet. The seed companies are working hard at
satisfying the demand. I've seen a lot of organic seed availability this
year.

I also keep a spot for transitional stuff for growing out seeds that I
can't get organic, so I can use the seed as organic next year. I'll see
how that works out. The inspectors were OK with that this year.

--
Art Petrzelka
Amana, Iowa, USA