[Market-farming] DEER FENCING

Leigh Hauter lh at pressroom.com
Wed Oct 1 10:35:06 EDT 2003

right now I'm using a triple electric fence.  One of those moveable
goat fences in the middle with hot strands set off 3 feet on either
side at  4 feet height. all of this hooked up to the strongest
charger I can get.

Even this is not perfect, the deer occasionally will even go through
that and cause major damage.  As fall approaches and the deer get
desperate I've  also left one of our gp's inside each 2 acre field.
I've found that a gp is about the best dog for keeping deer away.

We are in an area with a very dense deer population.