[Market-farming] row covers

Mike Steinberg mstein at mail.wclynx.com
Wed Nov 26 10:43:04 EST 2003

We live in a very windy area and need to use row cover on most of our
crops. After three years of frustration, we finally have discovered
that the use of 1/2 each rebar seems to solve the problem. We have
purchased about 3 1/2 tons over the past three years-we then cut the
20' sections into 10' pieces and lay them on both sides of the row
cover-use about a 10' gap between each 10' section. On the windward
side, we tuck about 12" of row cover under the rebar-on the other
side we just place the rebar close to the edge of the row cover and
pick up this side when we harvest, weed, trap gophers, etc.