[Market-farming] row covers

Jill Taylor Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Wed Nov 26 09:35:13 EST 2003

I have found the most success with long things such as others have
mentioned - like 2x4's.....The staples and the dirt seem to blow off in our
winds.  The staples last for a while, but as the wind works the covers, they
work holes in the row covers, defeating their purposes.  Eventually, they
work themselves into huge rips, and are useless.

Perhaps I have not been thorough enough when covering with dirt - but it
takes a long time by hand, and lying poles or some other such thing is much
more effective and time efficient for me.

                        Jill, Wisconsin