[Market-farming] row covers

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Wed Nov 26 09:03:53 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:56:52 -0600, you wrote:

>After spending a 8 hours trying to anchor row cover in a 30 mph wind I'm
>looking for a better way.  We normally just shovel dirt on the edge and go
>on.  Any one have a better way.

Would ground staples work better for you?

They are made of very heavy wire, and are in the shape of a
'u' with elongated legs - their disadvantage being that
you'd have holes in the row cover, of course.

Otherwise, I'm picturing milk jugs (or soda bottles) filled
with water and set on the edges of the row cover to hold it
down.  They'd gain some heat during sunny days and give it
up at night.  Maybe this would be helpful?

Pat