[Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 10, Issue 20

Mary Whitney mary at whitneysorchard.com
Mon Nov 17 19:52:25 EST 2003

"Lucy, just a thought... You could get a fan like they use in
battery-electric powered homes (wind, solar, etc.) and use it with car
batteries to keep the air moving. Perhaps from a RV store or the internet if
none close to you. You could charge the batteries with a car battery charger
and bring them to the hoophouse. It's not as convenient as a fan on an
extension cord, but it would work, I think."
A good idea!!  but one step easier and probably cheaper buy a deep cycle marine/RV battery and an inverter and a regular large household fan.  Most fans can be run on a 100 watt inverter.  An inverter takes the voltage in the battery and changes it to 110.  We use these in our vehicles all the time and I run my register at the market on one AND a fan if it's really hot out..not spoiled or anything on that...  Check ebay even for the inverter.

Mary

--
www.whitneysorchard.com
SweetBriar Rabbits - Fryers available