[Market-farming] Cole crops and frost

Ken Bezilla kenbez at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 23:47:57 EST 2003

We've got some fall cole crops.  It's been years since I've (succesfully)
grown cole crops for fall harvest, and my memory's fuzzy about what
temperatures mature plants can handle.  Does anyone know at what
temperatures the heads for broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, and
cabbage get damaged?  (My memory says it's something like 28, 32, 25, and
20, but I don't want to trust it...)

(Strangeness: here in Missouri we STILL haven't had a good frost yet --
average first frost is October 15, but we've only had a couple light frosts
that didn't have time to do any real damage.  Very peculiar indeed...)

Ken Bezilla
East Wind
southern Missouri, zone 6b