[Market-farming] Jalapeno

Bill Bradshaw eastexfarms at direcway.com
Mon Nov 10 19:13:52 EST 2003

Willie, The Jalapenos will be sweeter as they ripen. The same goes for other
chili also. Ever notice the difference in flavor in green and red bell
pepper?  Have you tried roasting them and then drying? I dry mine and smoke
them with hickory wood. In your area mesquite or oak would be nice.
These chilies will be hotter than fresh because the capsicum has been
consecrated. Red ripe jalapenos smoked are called chipotle chilies. Very
good in lots of foods, pinto beans,chile and stew. Try it you will like it.
TexasBill

Please Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am..

---