[Market-farming] Hand protection

Andrews, Shirley F. SAndrews at AcademicBookServices.com
Thu Nov 6 14:31:56 EST 2003

I think it would definitely make a difference if you blanched them
(which would destroy enzymes) and change the taste.

-----Original Message-----
From: market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:market-farming-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of
bob at bidumup.com
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:16 PM
To: Market Farming
Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hand protection

Do any of you blanch the peppers, cool and peel them. I suppose if you
are
dehydrating them then powdering it would not make any difference. When
the
big spice co's run the dehydrated peppers (Anchos) and the like from
Mexico
through a high speed hammer mill the seeds and the stems and all go
through
so I suppose the home style would have more flavour and less heat?
Bob C