[Market-farming] Pepper burndown

Art Petrzelka art at complum.com
Thu May 29 11:55:02 EDT 2003

I'm having problems getting bell peppers and sweet peppers started this year.
They sprout, get about an inch high, develop the first set of true leaves,
then I find them short, like they were pinched off. Two were looking like
they were nibbled, but they finally succumbed, too.

I'm using Premier Pro-Mix with pine bark. Would that be too acid or too rich
for peppers?  The tomatoes and herbs are doing great. Only the peppers are
dying like this. Once in a while I see tiny bits of the tops laying in the
soil, but usually it disappears. They're growing indoors with grow-lights and
sufficient water.

I'm planning on starting peppers AGAIN using a non-organic potting mix and see
if that cuts off my complusive pepper seed buying binges......
--
Art Petrzelka
2966 126th Street
email: art at complum.com