[Market-farming] Re: Cloddy soil

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Wed May 28 15:48:35 EDT 2003

I am behind in my sweet corn plantings and the time for using a rain gap filler
of an earlier maturity is running out, this means I will run out of corn
sometime in late July for a few days. I was tempted against my better judgement
to disc up a section but sank into the soil and backed out on the first pass. If
I did plant,the soil would have hardened up over the seed. So it gave me a good
excuse to go fly fishing. Perhaps you should all do the same...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.