[Market-farming] Cloddy soil

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Tue May 27 17:04:52 EDT 2003

Regards to the list:

Well, we goofed big time this time.  We disked up some ground that
wasn't dry enough and now we have concrete clods.  I've gone over it
with the tiller a couple of times and now we have small concrete clods.
The other soil on the farm is great.

We planted tomatoes into this concrete clod wasteland before we realized
the shape it was in and they're looking good - how can that be???

Before I plant anything else, does anyone have any suggestions on how to
improve the texture of this soil this season?

Marie (slapping her head) in Missouri