[Market-farming] foreign invasion

Rose and Fred Lieberman pyrite at clarityconnect.com
Mon May 26 13:00:51 EDT 2003

Liz, perhaps the subject line should have been less pointed and more to the
point.  I mean, after all... "foreign invasion" - you're just invitin' a few
comments, no?

As far as farmers market rules go, bring it to the attention of the market
manager.  If they grew all the flowers except the roses, that would probably
still be OK.  I'm sure that if I grew all of my flowers and yet decided that
I wanted to put in an outsourced Japanese spider mum as an accent in each
bouquet, I'm sure I'd be allowed to, providing the lion's share of my table
is filled with production from my land.

You're right.  Capitalism is one thing.  Playing by the rules is another.
At Farmers Market, they should both be in sync.

Let us know what happens.

Rose