[Market-farming] dirty jeans and herb flowers

Steve Sando steve at mrlucky.com
Thu May 22 22:40:36 EDT 2003

> Dirty jeans I don't know if I  find this funny or sickening.  What did
they
> think garden work was all Martha Stewart in white Kakis and $80 garden
> clogs.  I have garden  clothes and I have go out in the world clothes.  I
> love not caring what my clothes look like I sit, kneel even lie in the
soil
> (got to rest your back once and awhile). Worn out in the world clothes
> become garden clothes.  My hands and fingernails get clean about Dec.
tell
> them to buck up or get out oh ok find 'em a clean job if you've got one.

The problem is if you don't get a system down, everything you own looks worn
in the knees and caboose. Worn and vaguley brown. I always think, oh, I'll
just puck this one weed....and next thing you know I'm in it all the way.

I've started wearing swim trunks under the overalls and take an hourly dip,
if possible.