[Market-farming] A couple of questions for more experienced farmers

Steve Sando steve at mrlucky.com
Thu May 22 10:36:43 EDT 2003

> Why don't you suggest shorts - then only the bare skin gets dirty.  I find
> that shorts and bare feet are extremely practical in market farming. With
> jeans, we maintain two sets - work and not-work.

With shorts and a long day, my knees start to show some wear. And it's not
really a message I want to send!

I've been wearing shorts for all around work and over-alls, over the shorts,
when I'm doing transplanting or other "knee" work. I leave them outside and
they are filthy at this point but slowly my jeans are getting cleaner.

Steve (who is still transplanting and getting grumpy about it)