[Market-farming] lettuce displays

Elaine Granata ecgranat at ouray.cudenver.edu
Tue May 20 00:34:27 EDT 2003

Alex, Liz and All:  Like Alex, I've found with sensitive greens (lettuce,
kale, chard, raab, arugula, etc) that it's best to only put out a few of
them at a time and keep the rest in the cooler for restocking.  That's
worked well for me.  With kale and chard I don't even put them out -- my
customers have gotten used to looling in the cooler (which I put near the
front of my stand) and helping themselves.

And it's "too wet to plow" here too.  I wonder if I'll ever get my potatoes
in!

Elaine
Denver