[Market-farming] Covering Potatoes

Jill Taylor Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Mon May 19 16:41:35 EDT 2003

Recently we discussed covering potatoes with straw instead of earth.  I have
tried this in the past, and like it fine.  But yesterday, I tried something,
and am wondering if any of you have tried it - we had mowed our lawn, and
raked up the dried grasses, bagged them, and brought them to the potato
patch.  I decided to try covering a portion of the potatoes with the dried
grasses to see how it would turn out.  Has anyone done that?  If so, how did
it turn out?

         Jill, Wisconsin