[Market-farming] The Heirloom Gardener Magazine -- worth your time!

Alliums garlicgrower at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 11:12:13 EDT 2003

Hi, Folks!

One of my Seed Savers Exchange colleagues gave me a copy of "The Heirloom
Gardener," a new magazine put out by Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company.  If
you're into heirloom plants (veggies, fruits and flowers), this is your
magazine!  A subscription is only $12/year which is a bargain considering
how well-written the articles are. I learned *a lot* from just the first
issue and I've been a member of Seed Savers Exchange for nearly 10 years!

You can order the magazine online at Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company's
website (a seed company that has been more than generous with seed
donations to community gardens) at the following URL:

http://www.rareseeds.com/

As a reviewer, I see a LOT of publications.  I think if you really want to
grow heirlooms/seed successfully, you need Seed to Seed (Second Edition) by
Suzanne Ashworth and "The Heirloom Gardener" magazine.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of