[Market-farming] Indterminate vs determinate tomatoes

Patrick Mulkey Mulkey at tunl.duke.edu
Wed May 14 09:04:15 EDT 2003

Carrboro Farmers Market where I sell has been hosting a taste test for 3-4
years now. The tomatoes come from us vendors which are grown by us within 50
miles of Carrboro, NC. Here are the results from last year. We also have a
melon tasting later in the summer. I invite you to look at our market
website to see some of the other events we do. www.carrborofarmersmarket.com

2002 Tomato Tasting Results were

Slicing Variety             Cherry Variety
1. Cherokee Purple     1. Sungold
2. Brandywine             2. Juliets
3. Better Boy              3. Sun Sugar
4. German Johnson    4. Erin's Gold
I also sell tomato plants most folks are looking for the heirloom varieties.

Patrick Mulkey