[Market-farming] Indterminate vs determinate tomatoes

Bill Bradshaw eastexfarms at direcway.com
Wed May 14 08:43:56 EDT 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Del Williams
  To: Market Farming
  Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 8:51 PM
  Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Indterminate vs determinate tomatoes
  Del Wrote

  When is the last time you went into a grocery store and the variety was listed?  They are sold as tomatoes on the vine, hydroponic, plum, or general... oh maybe, homegrown (ya right, in a major grocery store chain).  If it's a GMO tomato you can bet it's variety isn't going to be listed.

  I sell produce to Wal-Mart, Brookshires, and Brookshire Bros. Chain stores. They don't list the variety but do say they are home grown and list the local grower farm. I sell chile don't sell tomatoes. Bill Bradshaw Cherokee Co. Texas

  ---