[Market-farming] Growing potatoes in Illinois

songobisi at netzero.net songobisi at netzero.net
Tue May 13 23:22:03 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,
I have been recieving info from this listserv for the past year.  I have some questions about growing potates.  I am planning on growing them in old, stacked tires. Has any one used this method and was it successful? Also, the potatoes seeds are small, when I cut them how long do I have to wait to plant them. I was told I needed to wait for them to develop a "skin" otherwise tey will rot. Do they need to sprout first?

LaDonna