[Market-farming] Indterminate vs determinate tomatoes

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Tue May 13 09:57:07 EDT 2003

At our research farms last summer and again this year we have  trialed 110 heirloom and most every commercial determinate and canning type at two locations in different soils and climates and some of us also have public test plots at our farms. We have arranged public taste tests and have set up a state funded department to promote and market the best tasting and commercial viable tomatoes. So far the results are all over the place as to which tomato tastes best. As far as I know our study is the largest attempt to get to the bottom of all this stuff...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.