[Market-farming] Pricing for Direct Sales

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Tue May 13 05:30:58 EDT 2003

Good Morning, friends!

I hate to admit it, but I still have a lot of trouble pricing direct
sale items. This probably sounds strange to those of you who are
spending hours in markets each week, but as a CSA farmer, I just
don't get to town very often, so it's hard to keep touch with what's
going on.

Case in point: right now I need to price bunches of arugula and bags
of watercress mizuna and tatsoi. (Sold individually.)

I'd love to hear how you are pricing these items right now. More to
the point, however, I'd like to hear what resources you would use to
determine your pricing if you were as isolated as I am.

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
the Plains, VA