[Market-farming] Cold wet asparagus roots....

adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Sun May 11 12:25:08 EDT 2003

Shelly,
I doubt that the asparagus roots got damaged...after all they are perennials
and would have to survive cold wet ground when planted.  I suspect the
newspaper was actually helpful in keeping a nice even moisture on the roots.
If the roots are still pliable I would think they are fine.  It is not
uncommon to soak roots like this in water for a couple of hours before
planting.  Just think of it as a head start.

>They got really wet and I
> am sure cold. What should I do now?  Thanks!

Adriana