[Market-farming] blossom end rot

Dcimmarr at aol.com Dcimmarr at aol.com
Fri May 9 15:27:20 EDT 2003

Yes, I agree with the conversation about blossom end rot and San Marzano.
I've grown many different varieties and San Marzano is problematic with BER,
every year except for last year. I think this variety really needs a constant
and regular watering schedule, more so than any other variety.....and even
with that effort, it is still prone to it moreso than any other variety I've
grown.
    The Pricipie Borhese is a good tomato....on the small side but perfect
for drying. In Italy, it is THE drying tomato. This tomato is a heavy
producer too. Amish paste is also a good tomato.

Denise Cimmarrusti
Master Gardener
University of Illinois Extension
Kane County