[Market-farming] Pick your own strawberry operation.

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Wed May 7 20:30:57 EDT 2003

Regards to the list:

Strawberries:

First year, too much rain.  Killed most of the plants.
Second year, too much rain.  Killed most of the plants
Third year, didn't plant any
Fourth year, deer ate all but 30 plants.
Fifth year, didn't plant any.
Sixth year, didn't plant any.
Seventh year, got a Pyrenees and she kept deer away
Eighth year, drought, no irrigation.
Ninth year, drought, no irrigation.
This year, have 7 Pyrenees, putting down drip tape, ordering several
thousand berry plants.  If it doesn't work this year, taking all the
plant money to Las Vegas.

Marie in Missouri