[Market-farming] Frozen meat maximum holding time

Del Williams delannw at dlogue.net
Fri Jan 31 18:14:40 EST 2003

Hmmm.

The processor who does the lambs for me every year puts my name, the date of
the processing and the cut on the packages.  They are wrapped in a good
quality plastic and then wrapped again (with a stamp that puts my name,
etc.... on the package) in white paper.  I assume that is a standard thing
with processors.

It all comes to me frozen solid.  And then I put it in a deep freeze at 0
degrees.

With an alarm... so nice in an area where our electricity goes out fairly
often.

BTW, I have an UPS on my computer.  That alarm is louder than the one on the
freezer.  I bought it to deal with data loss for my company... geeze, what a
nightmare that would be.  A few years ago we lost power for a week.  I could
live without a computer and I lost some of the contents of the freezer.   No
backup power on the whole house.

What's your recommendation on power backup for your freezers?

Del Williams