[Market-farming] search for an old thread

Nan Johnson nan at olemiss.edu
Fri Jan 31 18:08:36 EST 2003

A group of growers are starting up an "association" ( IRS Section 521A - a nonprofit) and have given me their draft copy of suggested by-laws for any comments.

 I remembered some VERY thoughtful comments by a few on our list about what should be in a good set of bylaws, and even more important right now, what should NOT be in the by-laws (for example, "We will met every third Friday of most months, but in the summer we will switch to Sundays" as an example of what should NOT be in by-laws)...

but, being middle aged, I can't remember specifics, and I didn't think we had that discussion archived.........I have reviewed close to 2500 of my old emails trying to find this - can anyone help me - off list probably, many many thanks from

nan
dancing goats farm
n. mississippi  zone 7b