[Market-farming] Mulches

HackettShark at aol.com HackettShark at aol.com
Fri Jan 31 08:39:30 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/30/03 8:20:29 PM Central Standard Time,
bchenkel at conpoint.com writes:

> Is the entire material biodegradable?  Or is it a mixture of minute pieces
> of plastic bound together by a biodegradable corn product, so the plastic
> stays in the soil?

Has not been tested yet to be used in this application so I can't really
answer your question. Have used some photodegradable that only part of if
degraded the first year but couldn't find any the next year.  It was a little
harder to work with because it would tear when you were laying it.  I didn't
like that product very well, the cross winds on it could tear holes in it
laying in the field.

Phil