[Market-farming] lettuce, baby harvesting?

van weldon woodduckfarm at ev1.net
Thu Jan 30 17:22:26 EST 2003

I have an idea as to an easier way to harvest baby greens, but need to find
a light weight mechanized instrument for cutting.

A portable band saw is too heavy for my "gizmo". Curios as to whether anyone
out there has successfully used a double bladed electric knife for cutting
lettuce, Asian greens etc? Basically concerned most about quality, bruising
etc.. I am aware of the potential safety hazards.

Have heard of some growers successfully using hedge clippers.

Any input(s) appreciated, both pro & con.

Thanks in advance,

Van