[Market-farming] DCFM and Meat Sales

OakCamp2 at aol.com OakCamp2 at aol.com
Wed Jan 29 22:55:28 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/29/2003 9:02:37 PM Central Standard Time,
mrfarm at frontiernet.net writes:

> Do you know if they do allow the sale of meat at any of the Madison markets?

Hi Rick,
As long as you are producing your own, have it processes at a licensed and
inspected facility, and have the means to keep it frozen or chilled to meet
regulations, I believe any of these markets allow the sale of meat.  DCFM has
several meat vendors that I can think of .... Ostrich, buffalo, beef, and
fish are a few.
Providing something unusual and unique is always a hit.  Have you checked
into selling wholesale to Whole Foods or Magic Mill?  They both encourage
local organic farmers.
Request the market regulations from each of the markets that you want to
attend so you can be sure that you qualify.
<A HREF="www.madfarmmkt.org">www.madfarmmkt.org</A> has phone numbers for the market managers.
I would think that they would have the market managers numbers for the
Hilldale Market and others, too.

HTH,
Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm