[Market-farming] Making money from farming

HackettShark at aol.com HackettShark at aol.com
Tue Jan 28 19:58:26 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/28/03 6:17:35 PM Central Standard Time,
fullcirclefarm at msn.com writes:

> This is an interesting question to me.  It is not totally clear to me that
> the people who are operating at a larger scale with more paid help are
> actually taking any more home at the end of the day than those of us who
> operate at a smaller scale.  More money going in, but more money going out
> as well.

Katherine
We have finally gave up trying to hire help for the gardens, just can't find
anyone who will even keep up with us old folks.  When I really get in a bind
to get things picked I have found a shelter in the city that always has some
willing helpers so I take the van to town and get load, pick and take them
back and pay the shelter with produce.

Phil from Iowa