[Market-farming] Winter greenhouse woes

OakCamp2 at aol.com OakCamp2 at aol.com
Sat Jan 25 09:50:07 EST 2003

Hi Adriana,

Greenhouses need to be vented of all that humidity or you will have other
problems, too, such as mold and fungal growth.
During the day, try to keep a door open just enough to let the moisture level
drop.
If it's 89 degrees in there, you can definitely leave a door open until it's
60 degrees.  The best time to vent is while you're watering crops since
you're creating all that additional moisture in the process.  Don't close the
doors until the water on the floor and benches is dried up.

As soon as I see moisture dripping down the walls of my greenhouse, I crack
open a door.

Sorry about the gray background, I can't get it to change back to plain
white!

Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm
Lodi, WI