[Market-farming] Winter greenhouse woes

Adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Fri Jan 24 15:08:07 EST 2003

Hi y'all, this morning  I spent a couple of hours working OUSIDE the
greenhouse in 9 degrees F, which for Brrrrrrmingham is COLD.  Why?  I
was frozen OUT of my greenhouse.:>)!  Condensation had collected in
the channels of the aluminum door and there was no getting in.  I
tried windshield de-icer and a propane fire starter to no avail.  Is
there a way to prevent this in the future?  I spent a delightful
morning outside re-insulating my nutrient tank.  Once inside it was a
beautiful 85 degrees.
> Spent the day working in the greenhouse, 18 degrees and 30 mph wind
outside 89 degrees inside without running heaters.

Adriana