[Market-farming] Row Cover ??

Elaine Granata ecgranat at ouray.cudenver.edu
Sun Jan 19 23:09:39 EST 2003

Van:  I just leave my rowcovers on the ground over the newly planted bed --
if I had to build hoops it would never get done.  I anchor the ends and
along the row with some clods of dirt.  As the crop grows, it just pushes up
the row cover.  I pull it back for harvest.  My rows are about 3' by 50'.

It worked very well for me -- did mesclum, radishes, spinach, broccoli raab,
peas and kale-- kept the flea beetles off and I had very tender produce.  I
used the lightest weight that Johnny's had-- their bug barrier.  This season
I'll also cover cukes and squash as the bugs decimated the cukes.  I'll pull
them off when they bloom and need to be pollinated.

Elaine
Denver