[Market-farming] Farm Hours

Rick Williams mrfarm at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 14 20:06:05 EST 2003

We are preparing a promo to our more regular customers and we were thinking
of including information on when they can expect us to be home for selling
off the farm.

How do those of you who direct market from the farm handle the hours that
you are available?

Do you just tell them to call ahead? (We prefer that they always do this
since it takes time to weigh and package the meat and they can insure that
we will be home at a specific time).

Or do you have set hours, such as on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 2 to
dark or something similar?

We have thought of letting our customers know that they are welcome to come
when we are at home, even on weekends and evenings, but again, it is best to
call ahead.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm