[Market-farming] chicken processing for sale in MD

Rick Hopkins rdhopkins at americanpasturage.com
Mon Jan 13 12:30:42 EST 2003

Judy,

It may be more benefit to join in other states such as Missouri who are
trying to gain reprocity with state inspection instead of involving the
USDA.  Often state inspected plants are more closely scrutinized than
federal plants due to the volume of production.  We use a USDA plant because
at present consumers do not readily acknowledge the state inspection
programs.  I attribute this mostly to not knowing about the state programs.

To start, locate the state department of agriculture's meat inspection group
and see if you can get them talking to each other.

Regards,

Rick H.