[Market-farming] Re: Herb Farm Sales

OakCamp2 at aol.com OakCamp2 at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 14:51:46 EST 2003

Thanks, Patricia. I can relate to a lot of what you said.  Seems similar to
my situation in many ways.  Our eating out goes way up, too, and I only do 1
market a week!  My house is usually a wreck during the busy
seeding/cutting/translplanting months and this year one change I'm making on
that is to hire a housecleaner to come in once a week-lol.
Our front field (~7 acres) I would love to turn into a retail area with herb
gardens and a pond and trails throughout it for meandering.  We are 1/2 mile
off of a state highway and I think if it was special enough (and advertised)
we could draw a nice crowd.  There are other attractions in the area, so
tourists are traveling through to camp, fish, pick pumpkins, and go to a corn
maze.
Some days I think "just do it". Other days I am glad that I didn't :-).  Like
you said you can never get away from it and that's a huge consideration.
Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm
Lodi, WI