[Market-farming] sources

Alliums garlicgrower at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 10:11:58 EST 2003

Marie wrote:

>I would like to have bittersweet, gooseberries and hazelnuts to plant
>instead of relying on the wild plants.  Where can I buy them?

Around here, I would go to the Temple University Ambler Campus where they
have a whole department on native plants.  I've bought hazelnut trees from
their plant sale (to raise money for the college kids' botanical honor
society). The plants are *very* reasonable in price, the quality is
excellent and the kids and their professors will talk for hours about
techniques for propagation if you have the time!  Do you have a similar
university department where you live?

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of