[Market-farming] Re: Prices

Liz Pike liz at laughingbrookfarm.com
Thu Jan 9 14:44:47 EST 2003

Fyi, (I've had several private emails already), Patricia was discouraged
from price discussion by a list member concerned that the FTC would see
these discussions as "price-fixing". I understand the point, up to a point,
BUT.....

If the FTC is so concerned over our small part in the retail/ag world, I'll
gladly bare the brunt.  It might be negative publicity, but I could sure
sell the hell out of my veggies, flowers & horses...just imagine the
notoriety ; )))   Seriously, I don't believe anything could be misconstrued
out of these discussions as price fixing.

Fwiw, naming names isn't necessary.  It was an opinion/objection expressed
privately, and we'll leave it as such. To the person who expressed the
opinion, check with me first next time ; )) .  I don't want to run off new
members or stifle discussions needlessly.

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm
Westfield NC
http://www.marketfarming.com