[Market-farming] Selling of Meat in Minnesota

Rick Williams mrfarm at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 3 20:14:21 EST 2003

Steve Sando wrote:
> Could you help organize a buy between several customers? Maybe that's a
> little grey, if not outright wrong, but as a consumer, I'd love
> to get this
> kind of meat but I have little storage. If you had several customers, you
> could organize a "buy" between several families.

We encourage this to our customers. And if they do it, we have a whole lot
less marketing. So they get a discount for buying a whole animal. We had one
customer around Christmas time that bought 4 split halves to work out with
relatives/friends. They paid $1.60/lb hanging weight and we pay the
processing costs. It is a very small margin in such a case, but we feel it
is well worth it.

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm