[Market-farming] Patterns in direct market sales of meat

HMSTDFRMS at aol.com HMSTDFRMS at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 13:23:29 EST 2003

Since most of our meat sales are directly from the farm (with a few at the
local farmers' market), we try to increase sales during the slower months by
tying our monthly meat sales days to an "event". Once a month during Feb. and
March we host a "winter party" with a bon fire, sleigh riding, skiing,
skating, etc.  Invitations to the parties go out to everyone on our meat
mailing list, and we have our meat for sale at the same time.  People seem to
like the opportunity to shake off the cabin fever, and our sales have really
increased since we started doing this.  It's also a great time for us (and
current CSA members) to encourage CSA sign ups for next season!
Linda
Homestead Farms