Shade cloth

BRBF chapis1 at bright.net
Tue May 28 11:29:26 EDT 2002

We have had great success with a 50%, knitted, white product made by Sudden Shade.  It was purchased through our greenhouse supply dealer.  Waldo in Perrysburg, Ohio.  I'm sure it is available many places.  As soon as the weather turns hot, we remove the plastic from our high tunnels and replace it with shade cloth.  That allows us to raise a great crop of lettuce and other delicate greens all summer.  The shade cloth is attached to the top ridge and runs down the west side to 4 feet from the ground.  It is laced through grommets with fine bungi cord.  We had an awning company bind it and add the grommets.  Great investment!
Lyn Chapis