DE for harlequin bugs

Nan Johnson nan at olemiss.edu
Tue May 21 11:31:49 EDT 2002

Thanks for info on the dreaded harlequin bugs.  Question regarding use of diatomaceous earth - I have the food grade kind (for the goats) - do I just dust it on the leaves of both kale and chard......and is it important to get underneath leaves as well?   I would be happy to try it out since I seem to have harlequin bugs every year.....

I too am loathe to use pyrethrins or rotenone since they kill beneficials, but literature says they break down fairly quickly - true?

nan j
dancing goats farm
n. mississippi