Garden dogs

sora sora at coldreams.com
Mon May 20 18:47:15 EDT 2002

I've got a female Springer Spaniel that runs circles around the garden patroling for deer and compulsively digs for gophers,but never in the garden beds..  They"re bred as hunting dogs, are very intelligent, incredible with kids.  They have the type of personality that adore their owners and will do anything for a pat on the head and a "good dog", making them easily trained.  Females tend to guard the home while the males can decide to run with the deer.  I've had this current generation of Springer for 3 years now and she's beautiful enough to be the mascot of our farmer's market yet is definitely a working dog on the farm.